Sunday, May 18, 2014

Trouble on My Mind


Maybe some of you can relate to these drawings?  I think of myself as a fairly well-adjusted person, yet anxiety can get the better of me. There's so much turmoil in our economy, politics, and environment - all of which can contribute to our worries. I usually manage negative thoughts by exercising (leaving harmful emotions on the gym floor). But sometimes anxiety gets channeled into my sketchbook. I'm not sure if this is healthy expression, or a way of avoiding issues I should be confronting. If these drawings have any legitimacy, they may be simply affirmation of the human condition?





I apologize for the disturbing nature of this post. They're a reflection of darker moments.
Believe it or not, I'm a pretty optimistic and humorous person:-)

I'm curious how you deal with anxiety? I'd love to hear your thoughts.



No comments:

Post a Comment