Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Servant and Master


"In order to become the master, the politician poses as the servant." - Charles de Gaulle

I posted a B & W version of this piece last month, and decided to experiment by adding some patriotic colors. I recently started playing with an off-register technique for constructing illustrations, so I tried to apply that here.  You can view my color illustration portfolio here.  Because he's such an iconic figure in American politics, I chose Ronald Reagan for illustrating this quote. In truth, you could put almost an politician in this picture. In politics, the servant and master are almost always one and the same.

1 comment:

  1. On this 10th anniversary of Ronald Reagan's passing, I'm reminded of this recent piece I drew about the nature of politics. The former president seems to be in the American consciousness today just as much as when he was in office.

    ReplyDelete