Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Year-end Sketchbook...





I drew the picture above as my dog Lily sat in my lap - shivering in fear - as she awaited her yearly check-up at our local animal hospital. Fortunately, the vet was able to extract a rotten tooth, Lily's up to date on her shots - and is in great shape for 2014.  I love sketchbooks, because they remind me exactly what I was doing at specific autobiographical moments in life. Each drawing is like a marker in time. Here are a few excerpts from the last week of 2013, and one from the new year.


From a beautiful Christmas Eve service...

At the movie theater, waiting for American Hustle to begin...

At 88 years old, mom is allowed to take naps any time she likes, especially on Christmas.

I burned 109 calories on the exercise bike while drawing this scene ( at IXL Fitness)


Thanks for viewing. You can see more sketchbook excerpts here.

Here's to a happy and healthy 2014!

4 comments:

  1. Thank you, Graham! I love looking back in old sketchbooks, and being reminded exactly what I was doing at a moment in time. This will help me when I start to go senile:-)

    ReplyDelete