Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Red Hook Farmers Market Logo


Last week the mayor of my village, Ed Blundell, asked me to create artwork promoting our local farmers market. I came up with this graphic, which will go on posters, tee-shirts and other promotions. I had fun combining Red Hook's logo with elements of our farming community - along with placing it in the context of the Hudson River and Catskill Mountains. I've always been envious of musicians who write catchy pop songs. As a consolation,  I've composed an image that's got a really big hook.

Opening Day, Red Hook Village Farmers Market

Here are some sketches I whipped together for this rush assignment:

Live music, opening day of the farmers market

Here are a few color schemes I submitted:
This is the original color piece I envisioned.

I tested out a few alternate color schemes, one tying in to my town's name, Red Hook

Opening day at the farmers market

Thanks to Mayor Ed Blundell for getting me involved with this farmers market,
 which takes place right on my street:-)

Thanks to Heather Oslander Gibbons for a great poster design.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Graham! This was a theme near and dear to my heart, so I was thrilled to contribute to this project.

    ReplyDelete