Thursday, April 9, 2015

Saul Bass



I recently came across my old Pantone specifier book, which is utilized by graphic designers for identifying printing colors. No longer using it, I contemplated taking this book to my local recycling center. Then an interesting idea for reappropriation came to mind. Wouldn't it be cool to create portraits of iconic graphic designers on the pages of this book? This first attempt is of one of my favorites, Saul Bass, who designed some of the most memorable movie posters and title sequences of all time (including Vertigo and West Side Story). His color palette incorporated many golds and oranges, so I gravitated towards this particular page for his portrait. Stay tuned for more!



Thanks for viewing. Who's your favorite graphic designer?

No comments:

Post a Comment