Thursday, February 6, 2014

Chinese New Years Card


According to the Chinese zodiac, 2014 is the Year of the Horse. Last week I posted ideas for a promotional card celebrating the Chinese New Year (which started on January 31st).  I showed my daughter the sketches, and her favorite was the concept of a horse jumping over a giant "14".  I executed the final art to the best of my abilities, and wanted to share the results with you.


This image was inspired by Eadweard Muybridge, an Englishman who pioneered the art of capturing motion in his photographic studies. For any illustrator, his photos are excellent references for how people and animals move naturally. Below are sketches for this card...




May you overcome any hurdles that come your way in the new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment