Tuesday, December 13, 2011

A Home Amongst the Trees...


This residence is nestled right at the entrance of the Catskill Forest Preserve in the Hudson Valley. I drew this portrait for the owner, who's a true lover of botany. Whether drawing inside or outside of this home, I was constantly reminded of its beautiful natural surroundings. No doubt, this is a feature the owner appreciates.  I've read that David Hockney does extensive drawings of his home environment to gain a deeper understanding of it. That's great advice for anybody who loves to draw! I hope you enjoy this virtual tour..








{ If you see the world as beautiful, thrilling and mysterious,
as I think I do, then you feel quite alive.} 
- David Hockney


2 comments:

  1. Nice work, Daniel!

    I'd love to live there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you J.D.! I've certainly found that you appreciate an environment more deeply after you've drawn it. But it all honesty, this beautiful place practically drew itself!

    ReplyDelete