Monday, August 15, 2011

Literary Landscape Logo


Recently, my daughter and I attended a Rosanne Cash concert at the Bard College Spiegeltent.  Her excellent performance was a benefit for the Red Hook Education Foundation (RHEF). Upon arriving at this event, I was surprised to find the logo I created for this organization emblazoned on a stage banner. It was a thrill to see my work displayed in this intimate setting.


The goal of RHEF is to support our local school system in ways that a typical budget may fall short of. One volunteer, Julia Crowley, remembered a logo I created in 1999, for a charter school we attempted to start in conjunction with Bard College. She asked me to update it to represent aspects of education they focus on; science, agriculture, arts, etc. Red Hook is nestled along the Hudson river, so I incorporated a stretch of water into the drawing. It was fun to give new life to an older image.

The original Bard Charter School logo I created in 1999.

You can learn more about RHEF at http://redhookeducationfoundation.com/

Thanks to Andy Wainwright, who's photo captured the singer and her guitarist-husband so beautifully. You can see more of Andy's work at http://www.andywainwright.com/

Rosanne Cash is well worth seeing in concert. She has a world-class voice, and really engages the audience with her warmth and wit. Along with songs from her catalog, she also covered Bob Dylan, The Beatles, and sang a few beautiful renditions of her father's classics.

No comments:

Post a Comment