Saturday, July 18, 2015

Life as I See It


I was fortunate to spend a few days at Bethany Beach, Delaware this week. When I wasn't boogie-boarding (or getting swallowed by waves),  I was soaking in a glorious mix of sand, sky and ocean.

Bethany Beach, Delaware 7.15.15
Bethany Beach, DE   7.14.15
July 4th weekend was spent in my hometown of Buffalo. Between a Independence Day cookout and an outdoor service at St. Paul's Cathedral - it was a peaceful weekend.

Buffalo Harbor - Water Intake Station and break wall - July 4th cookout



Sometimes unrelated observations meld together, as in the case below...

sketch mash-up of Rhinecliff Train Station and life drawing...

These quick gestures are from a life drawing class I teach at on Thursdays, 6:00-8:30 PM, Atwater Gallery, Rhinebeck, NY. The model is the amazing Vera...

2 minute gesture drawings, Atwater Gallery, Rhinebeck, NY

This final sketch is from my daughter Abigail's high school commencement. She graduated with an IB Diploma, and won the Bard College Prize in Humanities. I'm a proud father.

Red Hook High School Graduation - 6.27.15




No comments:

Post a Comment