Saturday, August 9, 2014

Chris Martin


These sketches are are pretty basic - except that the musician sitting four feet in front of me happened to be Chis Martin of Coldplay (who performed an amazing acoustic set). I won a contest through SiriusXM Radio to experience this rare solo concert in person. My daughter Abigail and I watched his performance in a tiny sound studio with fifty other lucky fans. Enormous thanks to SiriusXM for enabling us to experience this intimate concert up-close. What an unforgettable afternoon. 

 PS. Here's a video of Chris performing Sky Full of Stars at the event. You can spot me  (with sketchbook in hand) at the very beginning of the song, drawing the picture below:

Chris Martin performing at the piano
 
'Cause you're a sky, 'cause you're a sky full of stars
I'm gonna give you my heart
'Cause you're a sky, 'cause you're a sky full of stars
'Cause you light up the path
 
- Coldplay
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment