Friday, June 16, 2023

Fala

Fala, a Scottish terrier, was FDR's beloved sidekick throughout the latter part of his White House years. The President was given this loyal pooch by his cousin, Daisy Suckley, who raised and trained Fala at her Rhinebeck estate, Wilderstein. This glorious home on the Hudson is now a historical site. Along with other local  artists, I was asked to decorate a cast-iron Scottie-dog to be auctioned off at a fundraiser for Wilderstein. I thought collage might be a fun way to connect the elements of this story together. 


I applied collage elements all around Fala
          

 collaged details of the history, locale, and natural setting of Wilderstein
 
Creating this piece helped me hone my exacto-knife and Modpodge skills...

This is the original cast-iron Scottish Terrier I started with...

This piece will be included in a silent auction on at Wilderstein's Summer House Party, July 8th 2023  5:00-8:00 PM (330 Morton Rd, Rhinebeck, NY). You can RSVP on their websiteor call 845-876-4818 for more information. Enormous thanks to my friend and Wilderstein board member, Robin Cherry, for including me in this project. 
 
Fala having an intimate moment with my sweet pooch, Dolly.
 
   Thanks for viewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment