Wednesday, April 3, 2013

A Wedding Songbook...


With wedding season approaching, I thought it would be fun to dust off this songbook I illustrated years ago. It was created for the nuptials of a wonderful couple, Sven and Barbara - who are fans of American popular standards. As part of their reception, guests sang and danced to songs by Cole Porter, Ira Gershwin and other greats. This little book helped people follow the lyrics to these classic love songs. A special thanks to Carol Neiley for designing such a beautiful piece - and for supervising the glorious embossed printing.

were scanned directly out of my sketchbook, going for a fresh vitality.

A rendezvous under the moon...inspired  by Edward Madden's classic song.

Red book binding - the color of love?

Inspired by Edgar Leslie's song ( I wish I could pull off this dance move)

Quiet Nights of Quiet Stars  ~  by Antonio Carlos Jobim

song ideas from my sketchbook

Thanks for viewing, and here's to a season of happy parties.

{ It's delightful, it's delicious, it's de-lovely! }
~ Cole Porter

No comments:

Post a Comment